When it comes to cooling down, there are many options out there. We have powerful air conditioning systems, and that seems the obvious way to go when it comes to this, but we also have high-velocity fans. A high velocity fan can be very efficient, and not everyone knows that. It is a good idea from many standpoints, and at the same time, it has many uses. While air cooling system will do a great job, a high velocity fan is not very far behind?
High velocity fans vs. air conditioning systems
That is a question for the ages, and while AC is almost everybody’s favorite, the fans are catching up and regain some territory. Why? Because technology is advancing. If you do not know which one is better, take a look at the differences between the two cooling methods.
- Consumed energy – we are all aware that an air conditioning system has a relatively high power consumption. When it comes to kW, the high velocity fan always wins? Why? Because it may not cool the air as the AC, but it will save a lot of energy trying to. I know what you must be thinking. That a fan cannot possibly cool the air down as an AC. That is not entirely accurate. You see, a regular fan may have no chance over the air conditioning system, which is why high velocity fans are in an entirely different league. That is why the’high velocity’ term is being used.
- Price – I do not believe I have to tell you that a high-speed fan is way cheaper than an air conditioning system. That is self-explanatory. While you need to spend a few hundreds of dollars on an AC, a fan will not even reach 100$, and that is not even for a poorly made fan. I am talking about high-quality products here.
- Portability – depending on what you are using the cooling system for, you need to make a decision. Sure, an AC will keep the air cool, but it can only cover so much space. On the other hand, a high velocity fan is portable, so you can take it with you if you leave the room for another. Simple as that.
What can you use the fan for?
People use high-velocity fans for all sorts of reasons. However, I know only of two primary purposes:
- Commercial – business owners place these fans in their warehouses because they have a wide range or in spaces that need to be ventilated These people choose fans that are as powerful as possible because they have large areas to cover. These fans are highly efficient, which is why it is a valid option for most.
- Personal – not all people enjoy an HVAC system, so they purchase a high velocity fan to keep themselves cool in the summer. I repeat, they may not be as efficient, but they are surely close enough. Let’s just say that they easily cover the price difference between the two systems.
Aside from those two uses, you should know that a high velocity fan works like a charm in greenhouses. You and I both know that greenhouses need to be properly ventilated, and people found fans to be highly efficient. This use can be put in both categories, commercial and personal.
How to choose the best high velocity fan
While you know that you want a high velocity fan, you may not be aware of what you need to know about it in order to make the right choice. It is perfectly fine. Nobody knows everything about all things. That is why you are reading this article, after all. So, here is what you need to consider before making a purchase.
- Wall mount vs. ground fan – this has nothing to do with power or speed. It refers only to where you are going to place the fan and what you need it for. Commercial users often choose ground high-velocity fans because that is what they need. Not all of them, of course. People who buy one for their home buy those kinds as well. However, you have the option of purchasing a wall-mounted high velocity fan. That means you need to install the device on a wall using screws. These models are suitable for greenhouses, but for large spaces as well. Keep in mind that this is mostly a preference and not a requirement. Not in all cases.
- Size – not all high velocity fans are created equal. Large fans are available, and I am talking about 24 inches in diameter fans that are highly efficient. However, you can also find mini high velocity fans that you can use while sitting in front of your computer. Establish what you need, and then choose a size. There are a lot of models between the sizes I mentioned above, so take your pick.
- Speeds – I think that is an important aspect to any kind of fan, which is why my advice is to purchase a fan that has at least two speeds. You will not always need the fan to work to maximum speed. The grey area is sought out as well, which is why multiple speeds are to be preferred. That way you can adjust the airflow, and make yourself as comfortable as possible.
- Blowers – you would think that all fans are round-round shaped and have that metallic grill over the blades. That is not entirely accurate. You can also go for blowers, which are square and are made to be placed on the ground. They are highly efficient, and the power is extraordinary.
- Construction – when you purchase a high velocity fan, make sure that the manufacturer has invested enough resources into its product to make it durable. It may not be an expensive piece of equipment, but that does not mean you have to buy a new one every other year. As long as the materials used are of the highest quality, there should not be any problems. The quality is reflected in the price, and as long as you do not buy the cheapest option and read some high velocity fans reviews, you should be okay.
- Price – budget is always an issue, which is why you need to establish how much money you are willing to spend on a fan. High-velocity fans are usually not expensive, but if you want something professional-grade, you may need to be prepared to pay over 100$. I am not saying that to put you off, but it is best if you have all the facts.
What are the best high velocity fans?
I went through countless models to find which ones are the best, and the conclusion I reached is that the best products are the ones that are commonly bought because they received positive reviews. After all, a person who has purchased a particular product before you is the most qualified to have an honest and accurate opinion. With that in mind, below you will find three of the best high velocity fans I could find online.
Lasko Stanley 655704 High Velocity Blower Fan
I decided to start with the Stanley Blower because it was among the most recommended products in its category. It is not your regular round-shaped fan, but it is incredibly powerful and will meet its purpose. Even if it is a simple fan, it is highly efficient and will cool the air from a relatively large area.
The Stanley has three powerful speeds that will allow you to control the airflow. Most people are worried about the sound it makes when it is on, and while it is a powerful device, it is not that loud. It is pretty silent on the first two speeds, but if you choose the third speed, you may hear some noise. However, the fan is not loud enough to create inconvenience.
The product features a handle that makes it convenient to carry and comes fully assembled. All you have to do is plug it in and turn it on. As for safety features, the Stanley is equipped with a circuit breaker and a reset button. One of the features people like is that the Lasko fan comes with two 120-volt grounded outlets that allow you to plug in everything you may need. It is not a function that you regularly expect in a high velocity fan, but it does come in handy. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon
B-Air Firtana-20 Multi-Purpose High Velocity Floor Fan
Now, this is the circular high-speed fan most people expect. The B-Air fan is also a highly efficient fan that will cool down the room in just a few minutes. A lot of people recommend it after having used it, which is why I thought to recommend it to you. The 120-watt fan can operate at up to 1370 rpm, which is more than enough for most purposes.
This fan has three speeds as well. It works efficiently and will satisfy your needs, whichever they may be. While you can put it on the floor, a single hook is all you need to put it on a wall. However, you need to buy or make the hook yourself because it is not included in the package. One of the features you are going to love about this fan is that it has a 360-degree tilt that will allow you to control the direction in which the fan is blowing. That comes in handy in all circumstances.
The B-Air fan is made of high-quality materials which ensure a durable and sturdy construction. The back and front grills are made of metal for maximum protection of the blades, and the product is UL certified to ensure safety compliance. The diameter of the fan is 18 inches, but you can find this model in several other sizes. The cord is relatively short, 5 feet, but you can always use an extension cord. Other than that, this is an excellent choice by anyone’s standards. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon
Hurricane Pro High Velocity Oscillating Metal Wall Mount Fan
Just as the title suggests, this is a wall mount high velocity fan that will provide the comfort you want or need. You can find this model in a variety of sizes, from 12 inches in diameter to 20. You can even find it as a drum fan with a diameter of 24 inches, but that is not what we are describing right now. This one is ideal for your home, greenhouses, garages, workshops, or any other space that may need a heavy duty fan to cool it down.
Just as you may expect from a wall mount fan, the package will include a heavy-duty wall bracket and all the hardware you need for an easy and successful installation. The assembly itself is effortless and will take you a few minutes. The entire fan is made of metal with a black powder coated finish, so you know it will last for a very long time.
The blades spin at 1400 rpm, but it is not as loud as you would expect. In fact, it is pretty quiet for a heavy duty fan. It has three speeds with oscillating controls, and the tilt is fully adjustable. The motor is thermally protected, and the product has an auto shut-off feature. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon
I prefer fans over AC because I cannot withstand the latter. If I were to choose between those three, I would go with the Hurricane Pro High Velocity Oscillating Metal Wall Mount Fan. I do not stand the idea of having a fan on the ground for some reason, which is why my choice is a wall mount fan. Judging by its features, I would say that it is one of the best high velocity fans in that price range.
Summers are lovely, but they can get uncomfortable, especially if you live in an area where they are not so kind. Fans, however, will help you get over that with ease, and if you cannot afford an HVAC system or even an AC, then a high velocity fan is the next best thing. No matter which one you choose, you will be satisfied with its performance. Click here to buy on Amazon
- The Key to Successful Tower Fan
- A Guide to 20 Inch High Velocity Fan
- The Insider Secret on Lasko High Velocity Tower Fan Revealed
- The Most Neglected Answer for Lasko Oscillating Fan
- Floor Fans on Sale Tips & Guide
- Lasko Hvb Fan Ideas
- 20 Floor Fan: the Ultimate Convenience!
- The History of Lasko High Velocity Blower Fan Refuted
- If You Read Nothing Else Today, Read This Report on Big Floor Fans
- Buying Quiet High Velocity Fan
- Detailed Notes on Industrial Floor Fan in an Easy to Follow Manner
- The Fundamentals of Lasko Pedestal Fan Revealed
- A Review of Best Oscillating Fan
- The Most Incredibly Disregarded Answer for Small High Velocity Fan
- The Cheap Fans Trap
- A Startling Fact about High Velocity Window Fan Uncovered
- The Biggest Myth About High Velocity Industrial Fan Exposed
- The Advantages of Large Floor Fan
- What You Need to Do About Hvb Fan Beginning in the Next 5 Minutes
- Top Fans for Sale Choices
- What You Don’t Know About Metal Floor Fan
- Gossip, Deception and Fan Sale
- Oscillating Floor Fan – What Is It?
- The Nuiances of Velocity Fan
- The Undisputed Truth About Quiet Floor Fan That the Experts Don’t Want You to Know
- Outrageous Outdoor Floor Fans Tips
- Secrets About High Velocity Floor Fan Exposed
- The Most Disregarded Solution for Best Floor Fan
- Understanding High Powered Fan
- The Biggest Myth About Lasko Floor Fan Exposed
- The Confidential Secrets of High Power Fan Revealed
- The Hidden Gem of Lasko High Velocity Fan
- Want to Know More About Standing Fan?
- The Pain of High Velocity Fan
- Know What an Old Pro is Saying About Floor Fan